I finished the binding on this Joel Dewberry fabric modern crosses quilt last week. I used some wool batting that I won for it, and I was very excited to see how it would wash up–I’ve heard so many great things about wool batting! I was surprised that it shrank less than my usual cotton batt, so it ended up crinkling up a little less than usual.
The back is simple patchwork with the leftover fabric:
For the construction, I improvised by starting with 8″ squares, slashing them and adding strips of contrasting fabric, sewing them together again, rotating them 90 degrees, and then slashing and inserting the contrasting fabric again. Then they were squared up to 8″ again. It’s a more time consuming quilt block than I expected, so be aware of that if you pick this as a “quick block!” 🙂